A U.S. Prosecutor Refused to Take Action that Would have Revealed Hunter Biden’s Criminal Investigation Before the Election

Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss made a decision during the last presidential election that may have impacted the vote. Weiss decided against taking legal actions, such as issuing search warrants and grand jury subpoenas, surrounding a criminal investigation into presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden. If these actions had been taken it would have alerted the voters in America to the fact that Hunter Biden was under federal criminal investigation during the 2020 presidential election campaign.

It was reported in Politico that this criminal investigation reached a point last summer, which was months before Election Day when investigators could have decided to make moves that would pique the interest of a number of voters. Weiss was against making these moves.

Politico wrote, “Weiss, however, decided to delay taking any actions that were likely to make the existence of the Hunter Biden probe public.” They also noted that concerns about affecting the presidential election loomed large when Weiss contemplated arguments about advancing the investigation. This was according to an unnamed person involved in the actual discussions. Apparently, Weiss thought that no matter what he did, the decision was sure to come under scrutiny for signs of politicization.

“It was a close call,” a source shared with Politico. “That case has way more credibility now.” There were other sources that said the fact that the investigation is still ongoing is a sign that Weiss is conducting a thorough investigation. They focus on a history of going after politicians on both sides of the aisle, including people connected to President Biden’s administration.

The criminal investigation focused on Hunter Biden surrounds his tax affairs and foreign business dealings. Blue Star Strategies is a Democrat lobbying firm and it is also reportedly under investigation for potential FARA violations related to Burisma, a Ukrainian gas company that hired Hunter Biden to be on its board.

Politico ultimately conceded that the media largely ignored reports that Hunter Biden was under investigation until weeks after the election. It was The Daily Wire which was one of the few sites that covered allegations concerning Hunter Biden being under criminal investigation before the election.

Politico noted, “In December, Hunter Biden hired Chris Clark, a partner at the national firm of Latham & Watkins, as his defense attorney. In January, upon taking office, Biden appointed Nicholas McQuaid to be the interim head of the Criminal Division of the Justice Department. Until his appointment, McQuaid had also been a partner at Latham, where he had worked on some cases with Clark.”

Apparently, the Justice Department’s conflict of interest rules would require McQuaid to receive a waiver to participate in oversight of the Hunter Biden investigation.

Joshua Stueve, a Department of Justice spokesperson, did not say whether McQuaid had received a waiver or recused himself from the case. Clark did not respond to a request for comment as well.

A source familiar with Weiss’ past cases with politicians and murder cases said, “David is the type of lawyer who follows the facts and whatever the facts may lead to. It doesn’t matter who the person is he’s looking into.”

In the final months of the 2020 presidential race, The New York Post revealed a number of emails from Hunter Biden’s laptop that appeared to link his then-candidate father to his foreign business ventures in China and with Ukrainian energy company Burisma.

The emails revealed that Hunter Biden introduced a top Burisma executive to his father, then vice president, less than a year before Joe Biden admittedly pressured Ukrainian officials into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company.

The water-damaged MacBook Pro — which bore a sticker from the Beau Biden Foundation — was dropped off for repair at a Delaware computer shop in April 2019, but the individual who dropped it off never returned to pick it up.

It was seized by the FBI in December of that year.