President Trump has selected a new nominee for the post of UN Ambassador. His original nominee, Heather Nauert, decided to bow out due to circumstances that arose in her life. Nauert’s decision prompted the president to select a different candidate. Trump always has a backup plan – that is what makes him so successful.
- President Trump has chosen Kelly Knight Craft, who is currently the US Ambassador to Canada. He felt she was the most qualified candidate for this position due to her previous diplomatic experience.
- The position of UN Ambassador has been vacant since last year, when Nikki Haley stepped down. Haley had held the post for two years.
- The president announced Craft as his nominee via Twitter, saying, “I am pleased to announce that Kelly Knight Craft, our current Ambassador to Canada, is being nominated to be the United States Ambassador to the United Nations… Kelly has done an outstanding job representing our nation and I have no doubt that, under her leadership, our country will be represented at the highest level. Congratulations to Kelly and her entire family!”
- Trump is not the only one who thinks Craft is a good choice for this position. Republican Mitch McConnell, Senate Majority Leader, supported President Trump by saying, “Kelly Craft is a strong advocate for American interests and will be a powerful representative of our great nation at the UN. She has a long record of service to her state and the nation and I’m confident she will continue to serve with distinction as America’s voice to the world at the United Nations. I was proud to recommend this remarkable Kentuckian to President Trump.”
- Trump is ensuring success with the experienced nominees he is choosing to help this great nation. The Democrats should not underestimate him.